Friday, August 2, 2013

Five Minute Fridays - Story!

I am joining Lisa Jo Baker for 5 minutes of writing on a topic of her choice. It is just a chance to write from the heart. No editing, no thinking about what to say next just letting the words flow.

http://lisajobaker.com/2013/08/five-minute-friday-story

So the topic this week is: Story.

Ready set GO!!

We all have stories. We all have different stories. Unique stories. Each story can and will touch the life of someone else if we just share our story so that other's can hear. I have a great example of this. My parents we going through a divorce (8 years ago). I never understood why.. or never knew why this had to happen to me. While working as a volunteer leader at Trinity in Lubbock, I was able to help many teenagers in the youth group that had parents going through the same thing. It is amazing to look back 10 years and say.... ooooooh God, that is why that happened to me, just so I can help 1 teenager. What an amazing God we serve. He has a story for each of us. I hope to share my story with others.. whether it be the small things in life or the life changing things that happen in my life. I need to just look at each moment that arises and remember this is my story and hope that I can help someone else.

I look forward to the story that God has for my husband and kids as well.


What is your story?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how God uses our stories, good and bad, to encourage and connect us with others! But that can only happen if we're willing to share them, right?

Christy @ A Heartening Life
www.ahearteninglife.com

dayebydaye said...

I think it is one of God's sweetest gifts when He reveals the why in difficult situations- when He redeems the heartaches. Thanks for sharing a bit of your story and being used by Him!