Friday, August 9, 2013

Five Minute Fridays - Lonely!

I am linking up to Lisa-Jo Baker's Five Minute Fridays.

Click here to join.


Five Minute Friday">

The topic today: Lonely

Go......

Such a hard word for me. Lonely just isn't something I want to be. To me Lonely means being alone. Have I felt alone.. yes. Do I enjoy being alone.. no. Do I think we have all felt alone at time.. yes. I like company. I like having someone to talk to.

With two busy busy kids and a husband that is home you wouldn't think I would have time to even think about being lonely. Mommy, can you do this? Mommy, can you play with me. Mommy, can you get me a snack. Mommy, I'm thirsty. I have to admit that at these times I feel like saying... leave me alone. Go to your room, I need to clean this or fold laundry or make dinner or just sit here in peace and quiet.

Maybe my kids are lonely. Begging for my attention. Begging for me to put down my phone. Begging for me to put the clothes or dishes or whatever I may be doing down.

Maybe I need to learn a lesson from my kids and give them attention. Lonely isn't a great feeling.

May we find peace in knowing that God is with us and we will not ever be alone.

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
- Luke 12:6-7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cara, I appreciated your thoughts that behind the words there is another request from your children, a request that you have to be willing to hear. Stopping by from FMF and glad I did!