Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Test, Test and more tests!

I have known for the past couple of years that my hearing isn't the greatest. I feel like more and more people (friends, co-workers and family) have told me recently.. "gah you can't hear." My mom and I decided that we should go get some tests ran just too make sure that we are okay because she had also felt like she was having a harder time hearing as well. We made appointments at the ear doctor that fixed Kipton's ears (tubes) and loved him. He looked in our ears and everything looked okay but he referred us both to another doctor to get hearing tests. We went yesterday for our second appointment, this time being hooked up to all kinds of cords and plugs in a sound proof room with a light shining on you and a window where the doctor can see you. This was a little indimadating I have to admit.. a room that you see in the movies.. dark, hot with all these machines and wires. I went in first by myself and knew right off the bat that I didn't think this test was going so well knowing that I probably sat there a while and wasn't hearing anything. After 40 minutes of beeps, repeating words back to the doctor, and tests the doctor sat down and said.... "well, you weren't kidding when you said you couldn't hear." I think I was about to burst into tears at this point. He said I can give you some hearing aids which is what you need but they aren't going to help unless we can figure out what the problem is. A 29 year old should not have this much hearing loss and especially over a two year period. He was very concered and told me that he would be contacting the doctor that referred me so that we can run more tests to get to the bottom of this. So I have yet another appointment on Thursday to talk to my ear doctor, go over the horible results and get a game plan.. blood work and more tests more than likely. I just pray that we find out what is causing my hearing loss so that it doesn't continue to get worse. It is really hard to stay positive when you pull up causes of hearing loss on google.... tumor?!? really??!! Bad idea.... I should have just stayed away from the internet. I am hoping for an easy fix... hearing is an important thing that I hope to never take for granted. I will lean on this truth:
An update on my momma: She has some hearing loss but is completley normal for her age. Praise the Lord we got one great report!

No comments: