Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall really?!?

Another fun weekend in the books. Landon and I helped out at the Baker Hughes appreciation clay shoot on Friday. I was happy since that got me out of the office for the day. It was rainy and a little chilly but I enjoyed time with my hubby and even got to shoot Landon's a gun a few times. Well, let me rephrase that.. Landon made me shoot his gun a few times.. lol.



We just recently started helping out in the Junior High ministry at Stonegate. This weekend they had Genesis weekend. There were 180 kids that signed up to participate. They stayed in host homes Friday night and Saturday. Landon and I were team leaders in the activities on Saturday. We had a great time getting to know some awesome kids. Landon and I have always had a heart for youth kids, so we are excited to get involved with this ministry. This weekend was all about connecting and I feel we did just that.



Sunday, Landon fixed Kipton's bed into a big boy bed. He was so excited. I think I heard, "I big boy" 20 or so times. He took a nap in it Sunday afternoon and got out of his bed once, I told him to go back to bed so he doesn't get a spanking and he was out within 10 minutes. Then, last night he went straight to sleep without getting out of his big boy bed a single time. I was so shocked. He has always loved his sleep so I should have expected that from him. Laney was so different though. It took her a long time to adjust to being able to go to sleep without getting up a million times. And even still she will get out of bed for anything... she is thirsty, she needs another kiss, another hug, she is scared. Crazy how they are so different but I love them all the same ;)


Fall.... I cannot believe it is that time. I just haven't been able to get into the groove so far. I am not really looking forward to getting out fall decorations. I might just not... not sure yet. We did buy some big ol pumpkins at Sams for the kids to paint and that was fun, a mess, but fun. I am for sure loving the cooler weather though!!!



We did buy Halloween costumes and I am not sure they will last until Halloween. Both kids persist on wearing them every day. Here is a sneak peek of Kipton's.





No comments: