Friday, September 13, 2013

Lately ;)

So, Kindergarten is going pretty well these days...besides the fact that my little girl likes to talk therefore tends to get in trouble. Starting off Kindergarten, Laney was excited but she also wanted to make sure that Landon and I knew that she was going to be shy at first. We told her it's ok to be shy, alot of the kids the first few weeks will be shy. Her teacher calls me the 2nd day of school to go over some things and she lets me know that Laney is not shy, she has made all kinds of friends. At this point, I am happy that she has adjusted so well. The 2nd week of school I learn that she has gotten moved to 3 different tables because she likes to talk. So, Landon and I have a serious talk with her. making sure she knows when she needs to listen and when she can talk to all her new friends. She has done so much better this week and has gotten a smiley face every day. What can I say... this girl likes to talk just like her daddy :)

She has also become very independant. She begs to ride the school bus (which just isn't going to happen) and when Landon drops her off in the mornings she stops him about 4 rooms down from hers and tells him, dad, I can walk by myself from here. Lil Miss Independant.


A little kite flying fun!!
Thanks for all the prayers, thoughts, texts, flowers, and messages regarding my hearing problems. I realized I hadn't really posted any updates until I recieved a sweet message on facebook asking me about an update and telling me that she had been praying for me... how thoughtful!!!! Anywho... after having blood work ($5,000 worth.. holy cow.. luckily insurance paid for all but $72 of that) those tests all came back negative, I then went to have a MRI. Scarey.... I laid in this huge table with horrible louds noises, freezing and all I could think about is what is wrong with me and then of course cry because my baby was starting Kindergarten the next week and songs kept coming on that reminded me of her. I recieved a call that same afternoon from Dr. Patel and he said my MRI came back good. He couldn't see any problems besides allergies. Praise the Lord!!!!! I still have unusual hearing loss that he just doesnt have an answer for.. The only thing he is thinking is.. genetics. I am now in the process of testing out different hearing aids and what a pain... I can hear better without the hearing aids at this point. But the Dr keeps reeasurring me that this will be a process and he wants to make sure I am 100% positive that they help me hear before making this huge purchase... yuck!! So again, thanks for all the prayers through the process. I think I want to cry just about every time I walk into Audio Acoustics for an appointment. ha!


That's about I can come up with at the moment. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: