Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Happy Halloween!!

We had an awesome Halloween I would say. A friend invited a big group of us over to her house for taco soup and mummy dogs for the kids before we headed down "L" street for some door to door activities. My kiddos have never experienced door to door trick or treating before. That is all I knew as a child, but now there are so many church trunk or treats that we usually do that. Let me just say.. "L" street goes all out! There was a house that had an outdoor movie, complete with hay stacks and a big popcorn machine, several houses were giving out full candy bars, another house had a Queen and King that handed you candy in their gorgeous house. It was such a fun experience and I bet "L" street will be seeing us every year from now on :)

This picture cracks me up... Landon is the best photo bomber ever.... I didn't even know he did that until I saw this pic later ;)
Laney and JP. I think they missed each other :)

Now on to costumes... this was a big ordeal. Hehe. Laney originally wanted to be the little mermaid. She already had the dress, so I bought her a red wig, but poor girl could not wear that thing for 2 minutes.. it was itching too bad. Luckily we tried that on weeks before Halloween. She decided she wanted to be Princess Jasmine after that, and luckily we had everything we needed for her since we bought that at Disney World. Now Kipton on the other hand, was going to be a knight. I found his outfit super duper cheap and he thought it was cool, so we were set. Come Halloween, he didnt want to be that and honestly I wasnt too pleased with it either. Ha. So... Landon and I had to improvise with what we had at the house and Landon had the bright idea of a Lumber Jack. It worked perfect. He has an axe that he carries around the house and says "I'm a lumberjack" as he hits things with it. So he was happy with that too. I had the cutest lil Lumber Jack and most beautiful lil Jasmine :)




Our small group at church got together the week before and put together the cutest little baggies of candies and we also stuck little tracts in there. Laney was the designated person to pass those out as we passed kids on the street. She loved it..... She kept saying, I love giving to people and I especially love telling them about Jesus. This little girl has a heart of gold!!!


Hope you all had a fabulous Halloween as well!

No comments: