Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Meet Nala!

Meet our newest little (well little for now) member of our family.. Nala! 

She is a great dane and let me just tell you that I have never had a big dog. Growing up all I have ever had was little dogs. We have had Miss Ellie, our tiny little chihuahua, since we got married. Ellie is so low maintenance. She requires little attention, she can be left alone when we go out of town and we trust her to use the doggy door. She pretty much eats, sleeps and poops. (She does shed bad and has really bad breath, but I guess that's what happens when you get old..lol). Anyways, we decided to get Laney a dog for Christmas year before last.. little Molly, a beagle. That didn't go so well. She dug and tore up everything and quite honestly we didn't have the time or want to train her properly. Molly went to another home that she is loving right now. So, needless to say when I showed Landon pictures of these precious little great dane puppies I saw on facebook that a friend was selling, he wanted one so bad. All I could think about was how hard puppies were and our bad experience with the last hyper puppy. After thinking it over, we decided to go for it. We have heard how awesome great danes are, how lazy they tend to be and how awesome they are with kids. Landon did all kinds of research and decided this was the dog we needed. My next main concern was the poop.. (gross I know).. but a HUGE dog makes HUGE poop. Ha. Landon said no need to worry, he would take care of that part (he was willing to do anything to have this dog I think..hehe). 

The kids and I picked up Nala last week and Landon was out of town for work.. boo. All I could think was a new puppy and two kids.. yikes. The puppy slept all night, no accidents in it's house.... what?!?! I have not ever had a puppy that didn't cry in it's kennel all night and especially the first night. I think she was wore out from her shots she had gotten earlier that day.

I think I am really going to like Nala. She loves to sleep, plays for 5 minutes, then is out again. Lazy.. my kind of dog. She has sharp little teeth for now and likes to bite at your ankles and chew on things but I think every puppy will go through that stage. I will just have to keep my shoes off the floor :)

This was a total surprise to the kids. We told the kids they had a surprise coming and it started with a "P". Laney said oh my gosh Kip.. we are getting phones!!! Ummmm, no... not quite. What is the world coming to? Phones at the age of 6...yikes! Once they saw their surprise they were estatic. Laney ocassionaly would cry because she missed her other dog Molly, so this was really special to her. 

 





Nala and Ellie.. bored during the kids bath time :)

Ellie isn't too fond of her yet. But she better get used to her, because Nala will be here for the long haul :)

1 comment:

♥Jodi said...

Nala is precious!!! She's a good little girl :)